Our goal was to create an identity, and build a market
for, a new interactive football portal.
Develop a name, graphic profile and means of
marketing a new product in a busy marketplace.
In addition to having its own character, the new
profile also had to respect the graphic identity of Aftenbladet.
We focused on not only creating a strong identity, but one
that felt a part of the football community and audience it was aimed at.
- Choosing the name MÅÅÅL! – or Goal! – with capital letters and
a long vowel and the “echo” of many voices.
- Using strong colors to make the advertisements stand out on the
various surfaces, and give a sense of the explosion of passion and energy that marks a fan’s team scoring.
- Making sure core designs could exploit all available media, including
interactive media, without having to be repurposed.
- Creating a soundscape that emphasizes the feeling of football,
the intensity, and the experience of being present.
The campaign consisted of:
- advertisements in newspapers
- a social media campaign
- online banners
- animation on the big screen in SR-Bank Arena
The campaign was very successful, exceeding all its goals for
market penetration and subscriber uptake.
It also won several awards, including:
- Best Initiative to Retain Subscribers at the
International Media Network Awards
- Gold in the Digital Graphic Design, Silver in Campaign,
and Bronze in the Printed Media categories at the regional
advertising and design competition