By registering or using this site, you consent to the collection, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this policy.
Information that we collect from you
When you visit the Site you may be asked to provide certain information about yourself including your name, email address and contact details.
Occasionally we may request information from users via surveys, contests or for a particular service (for example, our newsletter). Participation in surveys is purely voluntary and if you don´t want to give us the information requested you do not have to, although if you choose not to give the information requested, you will not be able to participate in the survey.
We may also collect information about your usage of our website as well as information about you from comments or messages you post to the website and e-mails or letters you send to us.
Cookies are small amounts of information which we store on your computer. Unless you have indicated your objection when disclosing your details to us, our system will issue cookies to your computer when you log on to the site. Cookies make it easier for you to log on to and use the site during future visits. Cookies help us provide information which is targeted to your interests as well as allowing us to monitor website traffic and performance and to personalise the content of the site for you.
Most cookies are “session” cookies, meaning that they are automatically deleted at the end of the session. The other type of cookie that we use is a “persistent” cookie. We use this cookie so that you do not need to log in manually every time you visit the site if you are a registered user. The cookie itself contains no personally identifiable information but passes an ID to our server which allows us to tie the cookie to your personal information. We use that cookie to track how often you visit the site so we know who our most active users are.
Use of your information
We will use your information for a number of purposes including the following:
• to process your registration and to contact you for any reasons related to the service, activity or online content that you have signed up for
• to provide you with access to all parts of our site and to supply the services you have requested
• to contact you about a submission you have made, including any content you provide
• to provide you with information about our services, activities or online content
• to understand how you use our site and for internal research into our users´ demographics, interests and behaviour, in order to better understand and serve our users
• to use IP addresses to identify the location of users and to block disruptive use
Disclosure of your information
We will not resell your information unless you have given us your specific consent to do so. Furthermore we will not share your information with any third party except as set out below:
• Third Party Service Providers. The information you provide to us will be held on our computers and may be accessed by or given to our member agencies working outside the UK and third parties who help us run this site or services available on this site, some of whom may be based outside of the European Economic Area
• Discussion Forums. In our discussion forums or anywhere else that you comment on our site you are identified by your user or screen name. If you choose your full name as your username, or provide personal information in any posts or comments, you will be disclosing that information to all users of the site
• Legal Requests. We may disclose your information to protect our rights or where disclosure is required or permitted by law. This includes but is not limited to requests for disclosure by government bodies and law enforcement agencies, or where legally required or entitled to make a disclosure under any law or order of a court.
• Mergers. If CommUnity International enters into a merger or service agreement with similar business entities such as other networks of independent, owner-managed communications companies, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners.
Countries outside the European Economic Area do not always have strong data protection laws. However, we will always take steps to ensure that your information is used by third parties in accordance with this policy.
Security and Data Retention
We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any password and account information.
We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
Your information may be processed and stored outside the European Economic Area. By using our site, you consent to this transfer.
If you have given your consent to us contacting you, we will send you emails giving information about our services or those of our members. If at any stage you no longer wish to receive any emails from the site, you can opt out by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our email newsletters.
You may browse the Site, but you may not provide personal information to us, register with us or use our services. The Site is not designed for minors and we do not knowingly collect information from minors. If a minor has provided us with personally identifiable information, a parent or guardian of that minor may contact us if they would like this information deleted from our records. We will use reasonable efforts to delete the minor´s information from our databases.
Accessing and updating
You are entitled to see the information held about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please contact us. We are entitled by law to charge a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your information are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com
Community International is the trading name of The Community International Service UG which is a not-for-profit organisation – Registered in Germany No. 3199971 – Registered Address: Sinninger Strasse 44, 48282 Emsdetten, Germany.