Cambridge B2 First, formerly known as Cambridge English: First (FCE), is the only
English Certificate that has worldwide recognition.
Though it used to be the first and even the only choice for students and their parents, its attraction faded due to the fear of failure and the arrival of new competitors.
Through the project, we aim to enhance the perception that Cambridge B2 First for Schools should be the No 1 choice for the students again because of its worldwide recognition and the fact that it’s not that difficult after all.
Creating content for a special group of people, the students. In order to regain the power of the brand, we need to speak to the person that chooses it. And that person is no other than the teenage student who is getting prepared for the exams. The challenge is huge because Cambridge Assessment English cannot be called a Love Brand; it is associated with school, exams & studying all of which resonate anxiety.
• Cultivation of positive sentiment towards the Cambridge B2 Certificate.
• Reverse the negative impression and fear that Cambridge B2 exam is too difficult.
• Counteract competition & differentiate from other examinations in the market.
• Μake Cambridge B2 Certificate the No 1 choice for teenagers, parents & preparation centers AGAIN!
We entered the brand into the everyday (cool) life of the student, showing that he/she already uses the English language in every entertaining/fun situation and he/she needs it in order to be seen as cool and up to date. He/she should not be afraid of it because it’s already a part of his/her life.
In order to target the right audience, we created a social media campaign and a competition that ran only on Instagram, the social media that our target group mostly uses.
Our project was a roaring success:
• Traffic to the site increased by 60%
• Awareness increased by 30%